The PRIME Retreat is for women who are going through the natural change of life. The weekend is an opportunity to better understand the menopause – why it’s happening and how to manage the symptoms, enabling you to make informed decisions about things like HRT. You will also appreciate the critical role of food and fitness in easing symptoms.
The weekend schedule is a balance of gentle physical activity, informative talks and healthy eating, as well as time for you to re-charge your batteries through walks and soaks in the hot tub. It’s also a fantastic opportunity to meet other women going through similar experiences.
The PRIME Retreat is run by Tanya Young, a Naturopathic Nutritionist, Fitness and Pilates Instructor experienced in delivering menopause courses. The weekend is being hosted in the beautiful Sandhill House, located in the spectacular coastal town of Dunfanaghy, Donegal and owned by physiotherapist Lucille Cassidy.
Benefits of attending this PRIME Retreat
- Female focussed programme
- Balance hormones
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Time out to focus on your own health
- Learn the best foods to help menopause symptoms
- Nourish your mind and body with nutritious foods and drinks
- Temptation free venue with plenty of fresh air and uplifting scenery
- Detox from sugar, alcohol and refined foods
Single room – £465
Double room – £395pps
Triple room – £315pps
1.00pm Arrive and settle in
3.00pm Welcome talk
4.00pm Weigh & measure (optional)
7.00pm Menopause Talk 1: science, symptoms, weight gain and weight loss
8.00pm Cookery Demo – healthy snacks
9.00pm Wind down Pilates & stretch session
08.00am Body conditioning class
10.30am Menopause Talk 2: Bone Health, Skin Care and Supplements
11.30am Option for a check in with Tanya or a treatment with one of the therapists**
2.00pm Woodland Walk
4.00pm Menopause talk 3: Brain Health and Managing Emotions
8.00pm Mindfulness session
8.00am Low intensity strength training class
9.00am Breakfast & vacate rooms
10.00am Menopause Talk 4: Sleep & HRT
11.00am Walk on the beach
12.30pm Weigh & measure – Q & A
1.30pm Lunch & depart
- When: Friday 23rd to Sunday 25th September
- Where: Sandhills, Dunfanaghy, Co Donegal
- Meals are vegan/Mediterranean based.
- Rooms are on a single, twin or triple basis and priced per person
- Price includes – all classes, mindfulness sessions, hikes, talks & meals.
- *Schedule subject to change
- **Treatments at extra cost payable directly to therapist.